The Chapel of Our Lady of Carbonana
A group of expert restorers of Spoleto: the Cooperativa Beni Culturali (Coo.Be.C.) has been commissioned to bring to fruition the final stage of restoration of the 16th century fresco of the Madonna and Child of the Carbonana Castle chapel.
Work has started and is expected to be completed by the end of January 2018.
Saint Rodolfo Gabrielli
The spring of 2018 will see an important addition to the chapel of Carbonana. A painting of Saint Rodolfo Gabrielli (born ca. 1034, died ca. 1064) will soon adorn the sacristy of the chapel. Rodolfo was bishop of Gubbio at the age of 25, belonged to the famed Monastery of Fonte Avellana and was a member of the great Gabrielli family who owned Carbonana Castle in the 14th and 15th centuries.
The East garden of Carbonana Castle will soon feature a full scale bronze replica of the statue of Saint Francis and the Wolf of Gubbio which stands near the Church of Santa Maria della Vittoria (Vittorina) in Gubbio. The original statue was created by sculptor Francesco Scalici of Gubbio. Mr. Scalici is himself supervising the creation of the replica which will be cast at the Fonderia Paoletti (Ancona).